- (needs to be updated…., will do it sometime….)
- Ninder Ghugianvi and Sarabjit Sohal, 20 February 2011 (see picasa album)
- Navtej Bharti’s poetry recital, 30 January 2011 (for Picasa album click here)
- Xmas-Christmas festivity celebration 2010 – for photos, go to Picasa album by clicking here
ਗਿਆਨੀ ਮਹਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਰਤਨ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਤਾਬਦੀ ਜਨਮ-ਸਾਲ ਦੀ ਸੰਪੂਰਨਤਾ ‘ਤੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਜਨਮ ਦਿਵਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਰਪਿਤ ਸਾਰੰਗ ਸਾਹਿਤਕ ਸਾਥ ਵਲੋਂ19 ਦਿਸੰਬਰ 2010, ਯੁਗ ਪੁਰਸ਼ ਸ. ਗੁਰਸ਼ਰਨ ਭਾ ਜੀ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਵਾਦ. On the occasion of the completion of the centenary year of Giani Mohinder Singh Rattan, a dialogue with the famous theatre personality of Punjab – Gursharan Bha-ji, 19 December 2010. (full Picasa album to come here soon)
- Workshops on Personality Development/ Self Discovery/ Communication Skills at various colleges, schools and institutions in Punjab
- September 20 to 30: at Guru Nanak Khalsa college, Mukatsar – with students, with Lecturers, at old age home , and with senior citizens at the old-age home
- October 1st to 7: at Apana School, Phagwara
- October 8 to 10: at Sarang Lok , Mohali, with teachers & parents
- September 9 to 19, 2010: at Govt college Dera Bassi with Students; at Sarang Lok, Mohali with house wives; at Govt. College sector 42, Chandigarh with students and with lecturers
- A visit of SarangLok by Sant Baba Iqbal Singh-ji from Baru Sahib 18 September (to see photos, click here to go to the Picasa album)
- Understanding of Gurbani and the way of life through the process of editing the series GURBANI SHABAD SURTI by MATA SHIVBANI (JapLok, DevPryag; 19 September, 2010). (to see some photos click here to go to Picasa album September 2010)
- A 10-day Workshop on Parenting (10 to 19 September 2010); Facilitator: Manjul Bhardwaj (Mumbai)
- Singing by Mata Amritamayee (to see Picasa album, click here for August 2010 album)
- Singing by Upkar Singh (Nairobi), 15 August 2010 (to see Picasa album, click here)
- Teej Festival, 14 August 2010 (to see Picasa album, click here)
- Ru-b-ru with Varinder Walia, Editor, Punjabi Tribune, 18 July 2010 (to see Picasa album, click here)
- Children and parents summer workshop 01 to 21 June, 2010 (to see Picasa album, click here)
- 16 May 2010; Kumbh-Mela Haridwar; Dr. BS Rattan shared his experiences of the Kumbh-2010, and its socio-personal-spiritual implications. click on this link to go to the Picasa album for photos
- 11 May 2010; Rubru, discussion and book release by Ms Surjit Jeet. click on this link to go to Picasa photo album of this event
- 18 April 2010; Rubru with the writer-couple Dr. Baldev Singh Khera (mini-story writer) and Dr. Gurminder Sidhu (Poet) about their creative process; and the release of a book of Dr. Baldev Singh. click on this link to go to photos in Picasa album
- 21 March 2010, meeting the writers, Gurinder Kalsi and Tarsem (photos can be seen on clicking here to go to Picasa album)
- 8 March 2010, Women’s Day: panel discussion, by Mrs. Harjinder Kaur, Chairperson, Punjab Art Council and Sikh Nari Manch with Dr. Daisy Zarabi, Sociologist, Punjab University, and Ms Poonam, Editor Preetlari (photos can be seen by clicking here for Picasa album)
- 23 February, 2010: Basant Rag Shabad Gyan by Kamleshinder Sharma (photos can be seen by clicking here for Picasa album)
- 24 February, 2010: Interaction with Avtar Jandialvi, writer-editor for magazine HUN (photos can be seen by clicking here for Picasa album)
Photos from some of our other activities can be seen by clicking on the link(s) below which will take you to the Picasa album site.
- Kirtan by Chris Mooney Singh and Dr. Jagir Singh, February 2010
- A musical evening with singers from Pakistan, November 2009
- Ruh-b-ruh with Surinder Sarao, November 2009
- Children’s Day – November 2009
- Children’s dance and singing performance – (October 2009)
- Karate demonstration by children – (October 2009)
- A lecture on the urgency of concerns about the environment, by Dr. V.N. Vasudev (24 October, 2009)
- A theatrical workshop on “what is science”, by Manjul Bhardwaj and Suresh Rattan (25-26 July, 2009)
- Science, scientist and writer: face-to-face with Dr. Suresh Rattan (19 July 2009)
- Ruh-b-ruh with Bipan Goyal and SS Parwana (15 March 2008)
Once in a life-time event – Birth Centenary of Gyani Mohinder Singh Rattan
(some press clippings…)
Some photos from the festivities can be seen here by clicking on the links below:
100th Birth-Anniversary of the concept creator and founder of SARANG,
Gyani Mohinder Singh Rattan
(19 December 1909 – 23 February 1996)
In honour and memory of Gyani Mohinder Singh Rattan – a life-long scholar, editor and publisher of Gurbani –
SARANG paid a humble tribute in the form of a three-day event comprising:
– Lectures by the national and international scholars on the intellectual contributions of Gyani Mohinder Singh Rattan with respect to enhancing our understanding of the meaning and essence of Gurbani as immortalized in Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.
– Lecture-performance-demonstration by renowned scholars and musicians with respect to understanding and appreciating the musical basis and philosophy behind the tradition of Gurbani Keertan.
– Drama performances by the team of renowned social activist, scholar and dramatist, Gursharan Singh (Bha-ji), dealing with the issues of morality, ethics and dialectics of practice in our society.
– Musical, literary and theatrical performances by the children who have gone through courses and workshops in Sarang.
Summary of the programme:
17-12-2009 Shabad gayan by college teams and Music Academies
18-12-2009 Kavi Darbar in the morning, and after lunch singing and demonstration of traditional music in Gurbani.
19-12-2009 Morning: Sanman-Samaroh, books release, and panel discussion about Gurbani teeka-kari.
19-12-2009 Evening: Falicitations, lectures and a play “Baba Nanak De Paair” by Gursharan Bha-ji
LANGAR WAS SERVED UNINTERRUPTEDLY DURING THE 3 DAYS OF THE EVENT
SARANG SARANG SARANG SARANG SARANG